IT DOESN'T TAKE MUCH TO MAKE ME HAPPY. A flickering candle, smoldering incense. Delicious food. Good wine. Honorable, passionate people. Dazzling sunsets. Enchanting moonbeams. A sensuous life. Perfect espresso to make the perfect cappuccino. For readers to love my books.

Okay, maybe I need to rephrase that opening thought. New opening thought: I AIM HIGH.


Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Renewing Mind and Soul During This Last Leg of Winter...

One thing I look forward to each winter is my visit to the Lamberton Conservatory in my hometown of Rochester, New York. The conservatory, run by our local horticultural club, is situated in one of the oldest parks in the city, Highland Park, which is surrounded by some of the oldest and (some say) most haunted homes in the city. Perfect destination spot for me. *winks*




But the neighborhood, though I love it, isn't why I go to the conservatory. And the park, though one of my favorites and a frequent destination of mine during warm months, isn't why I go to the Conservatory. I go because during the cold and dark of winter, it affords visitors a breath of warm, balmy air; an atmosphere of lush greenery.




Too, there are dessert landscapes and - quite honestly - an energy that is powerfully renewing. There is a tangible magic about the conservatory. Here are some photos from my visit; enjoy.






We're right in the midst of the deepest leg of winter. Spring is right around the corner, but about now, lots of folks are feeling antsy to say the least. For me, my local conservatory is the perfect place to take my kids and me for an afternoon out, to renew mind and soul.


Moonbeams and Luv ~

5 comments:

Ben said...

Lovely, Jo Lynne...

mean mom productions said...

Love the the pictures.

Ann said...

Thank you for taking us with you on your visit to this very special place. You've inspired me to visit our garden center.

Ann said...

I just read your post on The Latest and I want to say how wise it was of you to slow down and rest up, Jo Lynne. You really do a lot. There is also no coincidence that you found a new cover artist who is doing a wonderful job for you. I'm sure it will be perfect knowing you. xo Annie

Anonymous said...

Magical indeed.